Shame says “I AM BAD” and is one of the most potent emotions humans feel. The experience of shame or fearing humiliation can cause a significant negative impact on a person, their sense of self and worthiness. It can keep people in a place of fear, restricting them from living a full and vibrant life.
The countless and ever-increasing sources of shame in the modern world can lead people to believe that they are simply not good enough.
• Body shame
• Sexual shame
• Shame about the past
• Shame about physical and mental health
• Financial shame
• Shame about likes and dislikes
• The fear of shame and what other people will think… and many many more sources!
The truth is that most of the shame people feel or fear is MISPLACED and can be so ingrained in society that people often don’t even know that it is shame they are feeling.
This one day workshop is a deep-dive into the world of shame, its causes and impact on people and how to help people R.E.C.L.A.I.M. themselves from shame in all areas of their lives.
You will learn…
What is shame and how is it different to guilt.
Why do people experience shame.
The types of shame people experience.
The common causes and sources of shame.
The R.E.C.L.A.I.M. protocol to vanquish shame.
The reclaim protocol is a seven-step process that takes people from a place of fear to a place of freedom.
1. Recognising shame and how to do that.
2. Evaluate the sources and how to do that.
3. Challenge the shame and how to do that.
4. Letting it go, and how to do that
5. Accepting the new learning and how to do that
6. Internalise and embody the new belief and how to do that.
7. Moving forward and how to do that.
Are you ready to help your clients (and perhaps yourself) to leave misplaced shame behind and RECLAIM the life they desire to live?
Misplaced Shame impacts on every single client you work with, from anxiety, weight loss and smoking to phobias, trauma and sexual dysfunction. If you are not addressing your clients underlying shame, you work is NOT complete.
Can't attend on the day? No worries we will be recording the entire class!